Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bev's 40th Birthday








Today our friend Bev (center) celebrated her 40 birthday. She decided to have a garden party to celebrate. The food and dessert was amazing. It was like being at the buffet at the Newfoundland Hotel. Coconut Shrimp, Pesto Pizza, Crab stuffed Mushrooms, Steamed Mussels with a creamy garlic dipping sauce. Excellent job Colleen. Cathy brought sweet coctail tomatoes stuffed with goat cheese and basil and curried chicken. Delish! I brought a Spinach and Artichoke Dip and of course a dessert, The Black Beast. I had asked Bev earlier if i could make her a cake and what she would like. She wanted something chocolate and dense. So when I found this recipe I knew I had to try it. It's basically a giant trufffe and I decorated it with Kaluha Truffles. Truly amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis