Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pizza Cake


This is the recipe for the Pizza Cake I brought to work on Halloween. However, I used a copycat recipe for a Tasty Kake for the cake and a butter cream icing. Tasty Kakes are famous in Philadelphia. Their version of a Hostess Twinkie. When I seen the recipe I knew I wanted to try it. I will post the recipies for the Tasty Kakes and the icing seperately.

The Strawberry Fruit Roll Ups are very narrow, so I joined 3 pieces together and cut them out with a cookie cutter to get large slices of pepperoni. Gummi Worms work great for red and green pepper. Just one note though. Liquid red food coloring will not turn your icing red like pizza sauce no matter how much you add. I gave up after 2 ounces. You need a food coloring paste. I thing you can get at The Bulk Barn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis