Saturday, October 24, 2009

Snowballs


I just recently got back in touch with my friend Chris through Facebook. I ran into his mother at Walmart. He is currently living in the U.S. and recently mentioned the Snowballs we can get here. I told him I would post the recipe for him so he can have a little taste of home. The funny thing is that I cannot find my recipe, but my friend Kim at work made a comment on Facebook that she made really good one's or was it the best and she sent me the recipe. Thanks Kim!


I remember when I used to make them, I always thought they were too wet and always dumped in more rolled oats. Then they were too dry. I also burned the hands off myself by rolling the hot mixture. You can avoid both these issues by letting the mixture completely cool. Anyhow, I always thought they were good.




Snowballs

1/2 cup butter
3 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup milk
4 tbsp. cocoa

Boil butter, sugar, and milk a few mins. Remove from heat & add rolled oats,coconut & cocoa. Let cool. Form into balls & roll in coconut. Chill & serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis